Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Borage Seed... my favorite ingredient

I love being pampered... no doubt about it. So, when it comes to the ingredients that go into all of The Butter Bath Company's products, there's NO SCRIMPING on quality. As a result, I find myself naturally drawn to researching and trying out ingredients that are less common and usually quite expensive.
That's how I got intrigued by my most FAVORITE ingredient: Borage Seed
Yeap, borage seed IS expensive, but when I began researching it, I found that it had some amazing qualities.
One particular bit of info that I found on this ingredient tauted it as practically being a face-lift in a bottle. Now I would not ever go so far as to personally state that ANY ingredient would render "FACE-LIFT" like results, but I must admit that it does seem to plump up my fine lines quite nicely.
At about 24% GLA (gamma-linolenic acid, Omega-6) borage seed has more GLA than any other seed oil, including evening primrose and blackcurrant seed.
Medicinally, borage seed has been used as an anti-inflammatory to treat arthritis, and has been used to treat certain skin conditions, such as atopic dermatitis.
Additionally, its composition is remarkably similar to the skin's natural sebum. Therefore, it truly COMPLIMENTS your skin's NATURAL HEALTH.
But, I love it mostly because it only takes ONE or TWO drops to make your entire face feel like PURE SILK!!!
Borage Seed is my MAINSTAY ingredient in ALL of The Butter Bath Company's SERUMS... Beautiful Eyes Serum, Silky Face & Body Serum, The Serum Collection for Specialty Skin Types... and when I say MAINSTAY, I DO MEAN IT. The average composition of The Butter Bath Company's Serum Formulas usually includes about 50% Borage Seed.
Yeap, Borage Seed IS expensive... but it is worth every penny because it truly DOES make the difference!!!
Visit www.butterbath.com to purchase the SERUM that suits you best.
Happy, Healthy Hugs, Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment